We spent this past weekend visiting the Hunter Valley Wine Country. It's a beautiful place situated along the Brokenback Mountain range. Everywhere you looked was another beautiful view. We sampled our fair share of local wine, cheese, and beer. We had a great weekend!
Jeremy's favorite spot was the Bluetonge Brewery & Cafe. You could sample a flight of their beers (arranged from lightest to strongest on a wooden paddle) and then pick out your favorite to get a full glass for enjoyment.
We also visited the Hunter Valley Gardens. They have proper gardens including an India Tea Garden, English Rose Garden, and a Storybook Garden. I decided Humpty Dumpty and Jeremy were meant for each other - what do you think?
Finally, during a dusk drive along the route we saw our first wild Kangaroos! There are actually 2 in the photo and we saw a total of 3 the whole weekend. They are actually quite a bit smaller that I imagined - about 3 or 4 feet in height. I don't know how tall I thought they were - maybe the size of a man? Either way, it was quite a sight to see them in the wild.
No comments:
Post a Comment