Monday, March 2, 2009

New Year's Eve 2008






Charity and I were looking for an amazing spot that was not crowded to watch the firework extravaganza over Sydney. From the pics I think you'll agree we hit the jackpot while we were just wondering down a trail on the way to another spot which was guaranteed to be very crowded... I can't believe we found such an AWESOME spot! We got there around 3:30 and camped out all day on the rock taking naps, reading books, and munching on snacks my wonderful wife put together for us! Then, sunset came and it was sooo beautiful! Finally, two rounds of fireworks (one for kiddos at 9:30 and the BIG one at 12:00) The Harbour had six barges jammed with explosives along the Bridge and tops of several buildings going off in the pyrotechnic display that seemed like it lasted forever! So AMAZING! The perfect way to ring in 2009! The best part is we didn't have any traffic on the way home and got there in less than twenty minutes! We couldn't have pulled that feat off at Thunder of Louisville!

No comments: